South Bend Stage 1-4 Clutch Kit, 08-09 Caliber SRT-4
Model Number: 223913-
This is a complete clutch kit with pressure plate, disc, and aluminum flywheel.
Modern Performance has proudly supported the Caliber market since 2008, and we are happy to offer the entire lineup of South Bend clutches as part of our product catalog. We keep more Caliber SRT-4 clutches in stock than anyone else in the country, and are also able to offer the Stage 3 Drag clutch and Stage 4 Extreme clutch with a full face ceramic friction disc for no additional charge.
While other vendors may attempt to confuse the issue with their own stage notations, our parts catalog corresponds with the South Bend Clutch lineup exactly, and does not use smoke and mirrors to mislead our valuable customers in any way.
- Stage 1 HD - 375 ft-lbs (~345 HP) - Heavy duty version of the stock OEM clutch. The Pressure Plate has an increase clamp load for extended life. The disc is dual dampened for smooth engagement and increased transmission life. Premium friction material ensures rapid heat dissipation increasing the life of the clutch. Recommended for spirited and daily driving.
- Stage 2 Daily - 400 ft-lbs (~365 HP) - Engineered for HP modifications. This Heavy Duty Pressure Plate has an increased clamp load with little or no increase in pedal pressure. The Organic disc material has a high metal content that increases the co-efficient of friction by two times over a stock lining and increases rotational strength up to a 12,000 RPM burst point. This clutch system maintains a stock feel while offering strength and durability. Recommended usage is daily, street and moderate race.
- Stage 2 Endurance - 450 ft-lbs (~410 HP)
- Stage 2 Drag - 500 ft-lbs (~460 HP)
- Stage 3 Daily - 470 ft-lbs (~430 HP) - Recommended for single mass flywheel (SMF) when original design is DMF. This clutch package is designed for high HP vehicles desiring a start performance similar to O.E. The pressure plate is Race Engineered (SS) and SFI approved with significant load increase over stage 1,2 pressure plates (+600-800 lbs.). Expect a pedal effort increase of 20%-25%. Discs are assembled with heat-treated wear resistant hubs; drive plates and springs for high load transfer and dependable operation. The sprung centers on the disc in conjunction with the marcel fin between the linings create a dual dampening effect that simulates O.E. start performance. A Performance Organic friction material with a high metal content increases torque and RPM capability and maintains low operating temperatures which reduces wear and glazing. Recommended usages are daily, spirited street and occasional track.
- Stage 3 Endurance - 485 ft-lbs (~445 HP)
- Stage 3 Drag - 575 ft-lbs (~525 HP)
- Stage 4 Extreme - 600+ ft-lbs (~550+ HP)
South Bend Clutch kits include a friction disc, pressure plate, and flywheel. In addition to these components, we recommend replacing the slave cylinder / release bearing assembly (not included) when installing a new clutch.
THIS PRODUCT HAS NO WARRANTY UNLESS:
- It has been purchased from an Authorized Dealer. For example, if your purchase was made on Amazon.com or Jet.com, the warranty is void if purchased under MAP (Minimum Advertised Price). You can use this website to check pricing.
- It is registered within thirty (30) days of purchase. Other conditions may apply, please see full warranty information.
This clutch kit does NOT include a new slave cylinder. You should purchase a new slave cylinder when installing a new clutch.