TTi Long Tube Header, 95-99 Neon DOHC / 01-10 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Model Number: 221931
TTi headers have proven to increase horsepower and torque!
Heavy-duty materials are used to construct headers for the ultimate in durability and longevity.
Systems are mandrel bent on sophisticated computer controlled bending machines for precise fit and uninterrupted exhaust flow. The mandrel bending process maintains a constant inside diameter of the tube for a smoother finish with no restriction of flow and no crimping of the tubes
- 1-5/8" O.D. tubes with 2-1/2" 3-bolt collectors.
- Collectors have built-in O2 sensor bungs, ready to accept sensing equipment
- One piece header tubes, no slip tubes
- Constructed of 16 gauge mild steel tubing
- 3/8" thick laser-cut header & collector flanges, contoured for a leak free fit
- Header set includes (1) header gasket and a 2.5" ball & socket style exhaust system adapter w/ hardware.
This header is designed for the 95-99 2.0/2.4 DOHC Neon. The header flange is slightly different than the 2003+ PT Cruiser 2.4 but all of the bolt holes will line up. This header has been installed on a PT Cruiser but the 02 sensor is in a different location.
Header Coating Options, there are three finishes available:
- None, Raw steel with no coatings.
- Nickel Chrome Plated (outside only) - A bright and shiny decorative chrome finish.
- Ceramic Coated with Thermal Barrier - A silver matte finish applied to the exterior steel surface to protect against rust and corrosion, extending part life. Another ceramic coating is applied on the inside of the header runners. Withstands temperatures up to 1200deg F, this coating drastically reduces underhood temperatures and will not discolor or blue under normal conditions.
Note: The lower sleeve is meant to work with stock exhaust piping but will weld up to any other aftermarket piping if needed. This unit is also meant to eliminate the stock catalytic converter.
Note for 2001-2010 PT Cruiser 2.4 non turbo owners -this header was originally designed for the 2.0 1995-2005 Dodge Neon, however the bolt pattern on the header will still work on the NA 2.4 PT Cruiser. Also, the ports on the TTI are larger than the 2.4 NA ports, so it lines up beautifully. See photo below showing a PT Cruiser NA gasket over top of the TTI header flange. Lastly, you will need to extend the o2 sensor wiring as the o2 sensor on this header is on the other side compared to the PT Cruiser location.