The Clutch Masters clutch kits for the 08-10 Cobalt SS are a non-modular design, meaning that the clutch and flywheel are separate pieces that bolt together, and then onto the crankshaft. These clutches can be used with either the OEM flywheel, or a Clutch Masters Aluminum Flywheel.
These clutch kits include an alignment tool, pressure plate, disc and pilot bearing. These kits DO NOT come with a clutch hydraulic release bearing.
Are you looking for a new clutch for your 08-10 Cobalt SS, but want something that can handle more power and abuse than the factory clutch? If so, this clutch is a good choice.
This clutch is engineered for heavy-duty street use. Featuring only slightly increased pedal pressure, longer life than stock, and normal clutch feel during engagement and disengagement for very smooth operation.
- FX100 - Steel backed heavy duty street system
- 70% increase in holding capacity
- The FX100 system uses the Power Plus 1 Pressure Plate with a custom heavy-duty steel back organic friction disc.
Are you looking for a clutch for your 08-10 Cobalt, but want something that can handle hard driving, increased boost, and lots of modifications? If so, this clutch is a good choice.
This clutch engages just like the factory clutch with a similar pedal pressure feel. It can also be slipped like a factory clutch, so that you can take off from stoplights slowly, and pull in and out of parking spaces while slipping the clutch.
- FX300 - Segmented Kevlar Steel backed system
- 110% increase in holding capacity
- The FX300 system uses the Power Plus 1 pressure plate and a steel backed segmented Kevlar disc. Designed for the ultimate street enthusiast or weekend racer, the FX300 has proven to be one Clutchmasters most popular clutches.
If your 08-10 Cobalt SS is extremely modified, with at least 150+ HP over stock, then this is going to be the best clutch for you.
We have found this clutch to be good for cars that are driven extremely hard, road raced, or driven hard at the dragstrip. This clutch grabs hard, and can tolerate lots of RPMs, heat and abuse.
- FX400 - Sprung Ceramic System
- 170% increase in holding capacity
- The FX400 system uses the Power Plus 1 pressure plate with a custom, extremely durable, sprung ceramic disc. This is the ultimate extreme duty street and/or road/drag racing system.
Note: There are two versions of the stage 4 clutch available.
4-Puck Disc - Grabs hard and does not allow any slippage. This is designed for hardcore racers, and should not be used on a street driven car.
6-Puck Disc - Designed for street driven cars, as it will still grab hard, but allows slightly more slippage. If you have a serious amount of power in your street driven 08-10 Cobalt SS, and need a clutch to hold the power, the 6 puck disc is your best option.