Clutch Masters Lightweight Flywheel, 05-07 Cobalt SS
Model Number: 243176
Clutchmasters Lightweight Flywheel for the 05-07 Chevrolet Cobalt SS.
Typical benefits of a lightweight flywheel for various engine types:
- Reduced mass equals increased acceleration.
- A lightweight flywheel works particularly well with turbo-charged
engines because it reduces typical turbo lag.
- Increased supercharger efficiency due to less parasitic drag on the crank.
- Improved mid-range torque in a normally aspirated engine due to not having to overcome the heavy weight of a stock flywheel.
- CM uses High Carbon steel for the friction surface. (Replaceable)
- CM uses an OEM steel ring gear secured by bolts.
- CM offers a limited lifetime warranty.
- CM Lightweight Flywheels meet SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2
This lightweight flywheel can be used with a factory clutch unit, however we recommend it for use with a Clutchmasters clutch unit.